Ingredients: Goya (Bitter Melon) Leaves
Amount: 24g (12 tea bags x 2g)
This product is also available on Amazon US (prices and availability vary)
How to Make:
Boil water and steep tea bag for 2-3 minutes. Lightly mix tea bag around and then take it out. Enjoy hot or cold!
- Goya means ‘bitter melon’ in Japanese
- The aroma and taste of this tea are both savory like rich, roasted nuts, an uncommon feature among teas
- 100% goya tea grown organically is hard to come across in western countries but this Okinawan brand is one you can trust
- Goya is said to be very helpful in controlling blood sugar so is often recommended to those with diabetes or to those on a diet
- One taste of raw goya and you’ll know why it also goes by the name ‘bitter melon’
- Okinawans have been eating this green spiny vegetable for centuries and it can be found in numerous traditional dishes including ‘chanpuru”, a type of local stir fry
- The taste can be an acquired one, but the strong bitter flavor is lessened when the vegetable is boiled
- This goya tea uses the leaves so, do not worry, it is not bitter
Storage: Keep away from moisture, heat, and sunlight. Store in a cool, dry place.
Manufactured by: Okinawa Chosei Yakuso Headquarters
We currently do not accept returns. If you have a problem with your order, please contact us. Send us any information and pictures regarding the issue with your order and we will assess the situation. Once the situation is assessed, a full or partial refund may be processed.
If you are granted a refund, you should receive your refund within 7-14 business days, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly.
If you want to change the details of your order, you are free to do so without contacting us. Once your order is shipped out, you cannot make changes to your order. For any problems, please contact us as soon as possible.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose.
We are available to be contacted by email at anytime. We usually answer within 1-2 business days. Our weekend hours are limited and we may take a little longer to respond in some cases.